Wednesday 19 December 2018

Summer Learning Journey.

Hello my fellow bloggers 

Today I am going to be doing the Summer Learning Journey ( Week One ).

Week one is about Maui and the story about how he made New Zealand with his hook.We had find 3 fun facts about New Zealand on the Tourism NZ website. Here are the Fun Facts.

  1. The English name for New Zealand is the long white cloud.
  1. New Zealander are also called the kiwis. Not the fruit. It is a native Bird in New Zealand
  1. Queen Elizabeth II is officially Queen of New Zealand, represented in the country by a Governor General.
  1. New Zealand is one of the smallest country on the face of the earth.
  1. New Zealand is the country that  was born in 
  1. New Zealand has Different types of native birds.
  1. New Zealand is mostly the country that the islanders are from. 

For activity 3 I am going to be telling you how I be Smart and Safe online. Here it is.

   So what I do is.....
  1. I don't search anything that is inappropriate because you know that you are allowed to d that and that you would get in big trouble. 
  2. I follow the Cyber Smart steps, Positive , Thoughtful and helpful. This usually is for commenting but this also helps me online
  3. I try my best to copy other people that do other stuff but sometimes I go on the Wrong path to be honest. I mostly like to do work like this because it is fun sometimes.


             Reflection

I think this was easy and fun at the same time because I love doing work like this. And also that I get to finish work off from school. 

Bye Blog ya later 



Activity 2

For activity 2 I am going to be describing my home town ( Auckland, New Zealand ). 

Activity 3 

1 comment:

  1. Mālō e lelei Brooklyn,

    Cia here from the Summer Learning Journey Ako Hiko team.

    Activity 1:
    I can see that you've tried to paraphrase (write in your own words) the facts you've read, remember that a fact is something that can be proven to be true. In order to be awarded full points for this activity you need to choose three facts from the linked website and put them into your own words.

    If you aren't sure what this means click the link attached to 'own words' on the activity or access here:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qyLCEZvg44xjKC6BCERu1XVvfUQm1SBi/view

    You can definitely do this, give it a go! :D

    Activity 2:
    Unfortunately I cannot see the second activity here. :(

    Activity 3:
    I can see you have thought about what a digital footprint is and how we can be smarter online. You made good points about searching online and leaving comments that are positive, thoughtful and helpful. I like that you are showing lots of positivity towards your learning, go you!

    Perhaps next time you could talk more about sharing online and maybe give some advice about what to do if someone's personal information does get shared online. Sometimes private information can get into the wrong hands. What steps do you think you should take if someone does find out your password? Who should you talk to first?

    This reminds me of when I am with friends or family, we like to take lots of goofy photos of ourselves pulling funny faces but we’re pretty careful about setting them to private if we decide to upload them. I believe its important to know about privacy settings and using them to protect personal information or photos we'd like to share with family or friends.

    Keep persevering and trying hard, I hope your holidays are going well.

    Toe feiloa'i fo'i,

    Cia.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.