Monday 3 December 2018

Summer learning Journey ( practise)

Hello Bloggers of the world! 

This week Megan came to visit us and gave us some information about the Summer learning journey this year. She told us about how many activities there are, also when it starts and things like what will happen, what prizes there will be. We are doing a practise activity because we getting into how it works and what it looks like. 

The activity that we are doing is about them giving us some country and we get to choose one of them and write why d we choose this country. The options were Canada (North America), Mexico (Central America), Chill(South America), England (Europe), Germany (Europe), South Africa (Africa), United Arab Emirates (Middle East), Japan (Asia), Malaysia (South-East Asia), and Australia (Australasia). The one I chose was Japan because it is one of the top best country in the world and it has one of my favourite foods SUSHI! I have seen pictures and videos of Japan and it looks beautiful! 

Here are 3 fun facts of Japan...

Japan is made up of 6,852 islandsThe highest point in Japan in Mount Fuji, which stands at 3,776m (12,388ft)The Japanese name for Japan is “Nihon” or “Nippon” which means “sun origin”.

Theses were the last activities but here is a bonus! 

Dear Amaya...

How are you doing today? I was wondering if you would like to go on a trip to Japan with me! You don't have to come but you can if you would like too. I heard it is beautiful in Japan and also there is sushi there! I know you've been there many of times but this time just the besties! From: Brooklyn

Reflection

I think this was easy and hard at the same time because some of it was easy and some was hard. The easy part was the information about the country's  and the hard bit was when I had to find the 3 fun facts. Here are some photos 








Bye Bloggers! 



1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Brooklyn,

    My name is Rachel and I am working with Megan and Cia this year on the Summer Learning Journey programme. It is so cool to see that you have posted practice activities as well as two activities from our new programme. I have read through all of this work and really appreciated the effort that you put in as well as the honesty that you shown, particularly when responding to the Ice, Ice Baby activity about being cybersmart online. I have tried to comment on this post but, unfortunately, the link to the commenting feature doesn't appear to be active. Therefore, I have posted a comment about that activity on this practice activity.

    Speaking of this activity, I am really excited to see that you have chosen Japan. I actually had the chance to live in Japan for a year when I was first starting my teaching career. I lived in a city called Nagano. It is a couple of hours north of Tokyo, in the hills, and is the site of the 1998 Winter Olympics. I loved living in the city! I spent the year teaching English and touring around, eating sushi and enjoying the amazing sights and sounds of Nippon. It sounds like you love sushi as much as I do! What kind of sushi is your favourite? I'm a chicken teriyaki fan, myself...

    Keep up the great work with your blogging this summer, Brooklyn. Our team will pop back within the next few days to see if you've had time to post another activity. We really hope that you will!

    Cheers,
    Rachel (and the SLJ team)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.