Wednesday 6 June 2018

TIRITIRI MATANGI TRIP!!!!!!!!

                                                  Hey bloggers!!

Last week the seniors got to go on a trip to Tiritiri Matangi island! When we got to the island we got to listen to a woman who did a speech about the island and then we got into groups and went to explore the island. The first bird I saw was a fantail! And we kept on walking until we reached the top of the island. We talked for a while then it was time to go up to the lighthouse to have lunch then get ready for the scavenger hunt. 2 things that I learnt was that if there was 1 stoat on the island it would wipe out all the birds and that you can tell if there's a bird on a branch if it is on a branch it will move consistently but if there isn't a bird on there it ill stay in the same position. My favourite part is when we saw two of my favourite birds  on the same branch! My opinion about Tiritiri Matangi island it that it is a place where you can explore and learn about birds and that you can see the Takahe!!! If you would like to learn more about Tiritiri Matangi Island Just click here! And here are some photos!!!!








I felt really excited when I first got onto the island but then I got really tired of walking around but then I finally reached the top! Although I really liked how the day went because I learnt new things about birds on the island!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.